Award-winning rg+p is one of the largest and most successful multidisciplinary design practices in the UK also featuring in AJ’s top 100 UK practices. From our London, Birmingham and Leicester studios, we design and deliver fantastic spaces and places.
We are currently recruiting for a Planning Consultant to work in our Leicester studio, reporting to our Planning Director.
The successful candidate is required to:
- Successful candidates are required to…
- be a chartered member of the RTPI (or eligible for membership)
- have an excellent knowledge of the English planning system
- be able to prepare, submit and manage pre-application enquiries, planning applications, appeals and local plan representations
- liaise with clients, third parties and planning authorities on all relevant matters
- present proposals at public meetings and community consultation events
- carry out desktop research to support projects, reports and appraisals
- attend meetings and undertake site visits as required
- build and maintain client relationships
- win new business and help grow the department
- assist with the resourcing of the planning team
- comply with the company’s quality assurance procedures and vision
- perform any other relevant activities as required by the company
- have good presentation and communication skills
- have the initiative to work both independently and as part of a team
- have the ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes; knowledge of Adobe software e.g. InDesign would be an advantage
- have a full UK driving licence
Why join our team?
- competitive salary
- pension scheme
- healthcare scheme
- perkbox discount account
- smart go travel scheme
- regular social events
- training and development
- promotion/progression routes
- mentoring system in place
- CPD’s and external training
- extra day’s holiday for every 3 years’ service
- as much responsibility as you are prepared for!
rg+p is an equal opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to work & live in the UK without any additional approval.
If you feel you are a strong candidate for this position, please email your CV, detailing your relevant qualification and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: : Friday 6 August 2021